A misdemeanor is often regarded as a minor criminal offense. There are two types of misdemeanors: simple and gross.
- A simple misdemeanor carries penalties of up to 90 days in jail and fines of up to $1,000. Negligent Driving in the 1st Degree is an example of a simple misdemeanor.
- A gross misdemeanor is a more serious offense and carries penalties of up to 364 days in jail and up $5,000 in fines. Driving While Under the Influence, Reckless Driving and Malicious Mischief in the 3rd Degree are gross misdemeanors.
Some misdemeanors carry mandatory sentencing by statute. Penalties often depend on the nature of the offense, any aggravating factors involved and the prior criminal history of the offender. Convictions for misdemeanor offenses can impact employment and education opportunities, and in some cases, the ability to legally drive.
The Law Office of Michael Frans can provide you with the knowledge and experience necessary to get you the results you deserve no matter what type of misdemeanor you are charged with.
Michael R. Frans Law Firm handles defense of all Misdemeanor offenses, including, but not limited to:
- Hit and Run
- Reckless Driving
- Negligent Driving
- All traffic related offenses
- All drug related offenses
- All property crimes
- All Domestic Violence related offenses
- Criminal trespass
- False statements
I was facing a second DUI conviction. Michael Frans was able to get me a much lesser charge. I highly recommend Michael Frans to anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation.