Felony crimes are much more serious than misdemeanors and include such offenses as vehicular homicide, assaults, robbery, burglary, and sales or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Class A felonies, which are the most serious, are punishable by prison sentences which can include life, as well as fines of up to $50,000.
- Class B felonies carry penalties of up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $20,000.
- Class C felonies are punishable by up to 5 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
Felony crimes are further classified by their seriousness in a complicated system under Washington State sentencing guidelines.
Fifteen seriousness levels exist from Level I to Level XV which carry corresponding sentencing ranges for each level.
There are also many consequences that you face beyond the court system: If convicted, your reputation, relationships, education and employment opportunities may be burdened, and in some cases, damaged beyond repair.
Michael R. Frans Law Firm handles defense of most felony offenses, including, but not limited to:
- Vehicular assault
- Vehicular homicide
- All degrees of assault and robbery
- All felony domestic violence related offenses
- All drug related offenses
- Sex offenses and crimes involving children are accepted on a case by case basis
All property crimes, including
- Malicious mischief
- Identity theft
The Law Office of Michael R. Frans has been representing people charged with felonies for more than 15 years and knows how to fight these charges to prevent unwanted results in the court system and beyond.